Slime is all the rage with kids these days… have you ever tried making it with your kids? I hadn’t until recently, but after only making it a few times, my kids are obsessed with it!
It took a couple of trials, but I have it down now. I like fluffy slime the best it because it seems to be the most fun for the kids, is easy, only takes four ingredients, all of which we regularly have on hand (a huge plus), and is really versatile. You can add glitter and food coloring to make endless variations.
• 1 ½ cups shaving cream
• 4 oz Elmer’s Glue
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1-2 tablespoons contact solution
• Food coloring (optional)
• Glitter (optional)
1. Add the glue to a bowl.
2. Mix in baking soda and food coloring and glitter (if using).
3. Stir well until combined.
4. Add shaving cream and stir well (texture will be light and loose).
5. Add 1 tablespoon contact solution and mix thoroughly.
6. If the mixture is still too sticky, add another tablespoon of contact solution until the mixture is fluffy and can be picked up.
Tip: Apply a small amount of baby oil to hands to make the slime less sticky.